Thursday, April 3, 2014

Through the Bible in one year - Day 89



Psalm 89:1
I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord, forever;
with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.

Ether's story begins to unfold for us today. Read along and see what happens next.
(Today Esther is chosen as queen, and Mordecai, her uncle discovers a plot to kill the king-which Queen Esther disclosed to the king in Mordecai's name.)

1 Corinthians 7:17
"Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him."

This call, is very like what Esther experiences - live the life that you are called into. Make your efforts for the Lord's glory. Whether you are a non worker, and low wage worker or a manager or owner - live and work for the Lord in all things. this idea of a Higher Calling is what I strive to remember in all my work - that nothing is secular - but rather everything is the Lord's. It is not my time or my money; it is the Lord's gracious gift to me. This I need to keep at the forefront of my mind.



Today’s readings: Psalm 89, Exodus 35:1-29, Esther 2, 1 Corinthians 7

No comments:

Post a Comment