Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Through the Bible in one year - Day 87

Glorious things of thee are spoken


The Psalmist says this and it makes me think today of how often or how little we speak of the glory of God, and when I say we-I certainly mean me. How often do I speak of the great things of God, of His blessings? Not in proportion to those gifts from Him.

Is that why the Israelites forgot so soon? Did they need to speak of the glories of God in their midst? If I don't intentionally remind myself of things - a shopping list, someone's name - you get the picture, well then, I don't remember it accurately. So, today, I will speak of the glories of the Lord.

Exodus 33:12-16
Moses said to the Lord,... “Yet you have said, ‘I know you by name, and you have also found favor in my sight.’ Now therefore, if I have found favor in your sight, please show me now your ways, that I may know you in order to find favor in your sight. Consider too that this nation is your people.” And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” And [Moses] said to him, “If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here. For how shall it be known that I have found favor in your sight, I and your people? Is it not in your going with us, so that we are distinct, I and your people, from every other people on the face of the earth?”

Yesterday we read of God's mercy after their walking away from them and my wondering if the Israelites wanted to be like everyone else-instead of God's chosen people, and here today we read of Moses asking the Lord to indeed go with them - and to show them the way to be His people.

Today, I will pray that I may walk with the Lord and show His glory. (Never should it be said "Why is the house of God forsaken." (Nehemiah 13:11))

1 5 Corinthians 5:7
Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened.

Make me new oh Lord-and make me an instrument of your peace - let me tell of your glories and Lord, protect me while I am in the world so that I might be 'distinct from every other people on the face of the earth.'



Today’s readings: Psalm 87, Exodus 33, Nehemiah 13, 1 Corinthians 5

No comments:

Post a Comment